When you would like to work better, any help is welcome and if this came from Feng Shui? Organizing your desk could be very fun! Let's try to understand together what it is and how these tips could be useful.
What is Feng Shui?
Feng shui is an ancient Taoist art of China, complementary to architecture and similar to western geomancy (a divinatory system) but which also considers psychological and astrological elements.
'Feng shui' literally means 'Wind and Water': the two elements that shape the earth and which represent the balance between Yin (water, the dark, humid and feminine principle) and Yang (the wind, the warm, bright and masculine principle). According to Taoism, their balancing together with the Ch'i (the individual essence) governs the natural universe.
The lack of canonical texts on Feng shui is balanced out by the existence of a lot of schools, each with its own rules to follow. The basic idea is that there are ideal directions for various activities at home, on the road as well as in life. To find them you need to look for assonances with the five elements.
Feng Shui in the Office or in the Studio
Now that we understand what it is, let's see how to organize the desk according to Feng shui or by implementing these simple tips.
- Put the desk in the right way: make sure you have a wall behind it and that the diagonal corner stands opposite to the door. By doing so you will feel confident and you will be able to better control the situation.
- Order and cleanliness: keep your workstation as clean and tidy as possible, it will help you to be more focused and productive. Free your eyes from objects you don't use every day, and in this way you'll make space on the desk and in your mind. Keep the cabinets closed and avoid the bookcases.
- The table lamp goes to south to ensure you a good reputation.
- A flower that holds "riches": you can place a vase with flowers, turning them towards the east, so they will bring economic luck to you.
- The computer goes to west to raise the stress tolerance.
- A well-presented red detail is perfect if you are ambitious, since it will help you make a career!
- Tortoise without effort: this animal symbolizes stability and success. Find a way to put it on your desk for an extra charge of energy (a paperweight, a post-it holder or tape, a magnet).
- Not Sea, but Mountain: pay attention to the element of water. To give strength to you in difficult moments left a mountain behind (picture, print, painting). Instead, avoid water-based images that inspire negative energies and bring back to your mind missed opportunities. For the same reason, do not place the desk in front of the bathroom wall.
- Outside Winter, inside Summer: in the cold season give yourself more lighting, you will drive away the excess Yin.
This should be enough to get a Feng shui-proof desk!